Presbyterian Women (PW) is a churchwide women’s organization of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). PW is organized at all levels of the church – the local Congregation, Presbytery, Synod and General Assembly. We give strong support to the mission of the Church and determine our own leadership, programs and budget.
The Tequesta Presbyterian Women in the Congregation (PWC) offers opportunities for periodic gatherings of Presbyterian women to join in mission and fellowship. We welcome you to join us. If you are a woman and a member of a Presbyterian Church, you are a Presbyterian Woman. As a regular or affiliate member of this church, you have a vote at our meetings.
Meeting Schedule for 2019 – 2020:
- Tequesta PWC meets at 11:00 a.m. in the Harrington Parlor on the 2nd Monday of the month from October through June.
- The Ladies’ Lunch Bunch dines monthly at local restaurants at 12:30 p.m. after PWC meetings and at 11:30 a.m. in other months. We order from the menu, Dutch Treat. Be sure to check the Sunday bulletin for time and place and person to RSVP. Forgot to RSVP? No problem, there’s always room for one more. Lunch is a separate event. You do not have to attend a PWC meeting to attend. Visitors and guests are welcome;
- The Deborah Circle evening fellowship meets at 7:00 p.m. in the Harrington Parlor on the 1st Tuesday from September through June.
- Craft Circle – at this time, we are considering formation of a circle that does crafts. If you are interested, please contact one of our officers listed below.
- We also join with women from our Presbytery and Synod for meetings, retreats and gatherings.
We are an active group that currently:
- Celebrates the Gifts of Women in March in conjunction with International Women’s Day. Since 2007, we have honored two women who contribute their gifts and talents to the church.
- Provides custom-printed blue pens, Kiddie Message Pew cards and Kiddie Worship bags for the church sanctuary.
- Collects “Coins for Cans” for our church’s Food for Families. We support the Missions committee by shopping for groceries every other month.
- Coordinates packing of unsold Strawberry Festival item for pick-up by Real Life Children’s Ranch and Our Sister’s Place.
- Supports Presbyterian Women financially through the Mission Pledge and Churchwide Birthday and Thank Offerings.
2019-21 Tequesta PWC Officers
Co-moderator Kenly Drummond (561-746-6488) / email@example.com
Co-moderator Chris Moats (561-972-4744) / firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Vivian Carney (561-308-9732) / email@example.com
Secretary/ Historian Jane Speak (561-746-0386) / firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Chair Gail Jordan (561-745-1836) / email@example.com